[OpenAFS] Overview? Linux filesystem choices

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:13:12 -0400

On Sep 28, 2010, at 6:37 PM, Brian Sebby wrote:

> For what it's worth, we've been using ZFS for our AFS partitions for
> many
> years now, and it's been rock solid.  It's even saved our butts in a
> few
> situations where ZFS recovered far more gracefully than UFS would
> have.
> If you're using Solaris, I believe that there is no reason to use
> anything
> other than ZFS at this point.
>

> Brian

I have to agree with Brian here - we also use ZFS on thumpers and
am very happy with it - that being said we're also looking for
fileserver
alternatives due to Oracle takeover.  I was thinking RHES 6 would work
fine but with the responses I'm seeing might stay with Solaris.

Rich

Rich Sudlow
Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame