[OpenAFS] Re: With 1.4.12, can /vicep partitions be plain directories?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:52:23 -0400

On 09/28/2010 09:22 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:42:24 -0400
> Jason Edgecombe<jason@rampaginggeek.com>  wrote:
>

>> On 09/28/2010 04:07 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:

>>> It is. 'touch /vicepa/AlwaysAttach' and restart the fileserver
>>> processes.
>>>
>> Would it be terribly difficult to add an informational message to the
>> fileserver to mention this?
>>
> I wasn't sure what you meant at first, but Russ' messages made me think
> maybe I do. Do you just mean the fileserver logging ignored partitions
> (and mentioning AlwaysAttach if appropriate) on startup?
>
> IIRC, as Russ mentions, that code right now is organized a bit awkwardly
> for that in that it goes through the list of partitions in multiple
> passes. But I'll take a look probably tomorrow.

I meant something like that. To build on Russ' suggestion maybe
something like this:
     skipping /vicepa which isn't a separate partition. create
/vicepa/AlwaysAttach to forceably mount it.

Jason