[OpenAFS] Overview? Linux filesystem choices

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:42:21 +0000

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 20:09, Robert Milkowski <milek@task.gda.pl> wrote:

> btw: according to the leaked memo Oracle will provide source code for
> Solaris, including ZFS, everytime they produce a new Solaris release. This
> would mean that it will still be open source, but development wouldn't
> happen in open.

I read the same leaked memo, and what I took from it is that
it implies no interim feature updates (which for ZFS have
been occurring during the current Solaris release), and no
bug fixes (when needed).  Just a code drop every major
release (24 months or so?).  As to whether that is what
will actually happen is unclear (leaked memos are not
policy).