[OpenAFS] Re: Is it possible to prevent caching local files?

Milan Zamazal pdm@zamazal.org
Sat, 02 Apr 2011 00:16:50 +0200

Thank you for information.  I tried to use memory cache and it was only
a bit faster than using disk cache, the limiting factor being apparently
fileserver consuming available CPU system time on networking.  Using
-jumbo helped somewhat, but observing the facts that limited memory
cache means more frequent misses and that repeated reads are much faster
from the disk cache than from the local fileserver, I returned back to a
disk cache.  It seems that in my case the best performance solution for
both local and remote files would be using a disk cache on a separate
fast drive (SSD).