[OpenAFS] Re: High Available Transparent Shared-Disk

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:13:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

The variant of OpenAFS called rxosd has write mirroring, too, I believe (currently, this is a fork, has quite a number of differences to OpenAFS).  However, my intuition is that some other system would work better for this use case.  Just speculatively,

1. you might find the mirroring in glusterfs useful for this (but this is not an endorsement, I have never used it)

2. you might find that rather than a distributed file system (especially a system optimized for scale out, like AFS or Coda) that you really want a replicated or distributed database (I don't have a specific recommendation, but I think a number of freely available systems will synchronously mirror writes)

Matt