[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client Crash Unsaved Files

Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:01:18 -0400

--------------enig91A42567800A9D3A936BED39

On 4/11/2011 7:12 AM, Meisam Mohammadkhani wrote:
> Hi All,
>=20
> If a client crashes before it closes the file that he changed it before=
,
> what happens to changed data? All of it will lost?=20

Any data that has not be written to the file server will be lost.

> I also wanna to know
> if we wanna write in a file by our application on the file server
> machine, it will issues a client on that to do this or a server can
> manipulate its files without need to use a client (client and server
> both needs to be appear on that machine)?

If a process on a file server want to read/write data in the AFS name
space (/afs/...), it must have an AFS client on the machine.