[OpenAFS] Re: High Available Transparent Shared-Disk

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:33:47 -0500

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:12:03 +0200
"Mike B. Kerber" <michael.kerber@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> On 04/12/2011 01:33 AM, openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:
> >> Many sites have AFS data on a SAN that they can quickly serve from
> >> different fileservers, and I know of at least one site that has
> >> DRBD-backed fileservers that I believe have worked well.
>
> Has anyone a running drbd based cluster of fileservers? What cluster
> management was used in the setup mentioned above?

I apologize; the site I was thinking of is using Sun Cluster with the
data on a SAN. For some reason I thought it was DRBD with Heartbeat; I'm
not sure if it was ever that, or if someone had just mentioned it...

I really thought I knew someone that was doing that, though. I hope they
are reading this list and will speak up, because I apparently don't
remember who you are :)

> We have a running debian cluster using Linux-HA. for linux clients all
> is fine but the windows7 clients have very frequent connection
> troubles!  (we are investigating the cause), a similar setup would be
> nice to compare to.

If they have connection troubles before you even do any failover or
anything, that may not have anything to do with the HA setup. Before
failover, it shouldn't be too different from a normal fileserver.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net