[OpenAFS] permission denied with all rights

Danko Antolovic dantolov@indiana.edu
Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:43:39 -0400

I have seen a very similar problem caused by incorrect (or missing)
configuration file

/usr/afs/etc/krb.conf

That file must contain the names of Kerberos realm(s) that AFS authenticates
against, so I would first check whether krb.conf is healthy.

http://docs.openafs.org/Reference/5/krb.conf.html

Best of luck,

Danko Antolovic

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Michal Svamberg
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:34 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] permission denied with all rights

Hello,
I have two same fileservers for user volumes - elektra1.zcu.cz and
elektra2.zcu.cz
The problem is only on all (I tested on 4 volumes) volumes at elektra2
server.
The group 'system:av' have rlidwka rights, but the rights is not applied.

$ fs la .
Access list for . is
Normal rights:
  system:av rlidwka
  meta-hosts l
  zcu.cz rl
  jvarga rl

$ pts mem svamberg.root
Groups svamberg.root (id: 129) is a member of:
  adm:backup
  system:av
  lps.root
  system:faidev
  system:faiadministrators
  system:administrators
  system:tftpboot
  system:root

$ tokens
Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 129) tokens for afs@zcu.cz [Expires Apr 13 18:35]
   --End of list--

$ touch x
touch: cannot touch `x': Permission denied

$ fs exa .
File . (876024890.1.1) contained in volume 876024890
Volume status for vid = 876024890 named user.jvarga
Current disk quota is 1000000
Current blocks used are 583253
The partition has 157451567 blocks available out of 292871036

I don't know where is problem. I haven't this problem on volumes at
elektra1.zcu.cz.
Any ideas?

Thanks.