[OpenAFS] Packaging OpenAFS 1.6 for Fedora 15

Jonathan S Billings jsbillin@umich.edu
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:40:57 -0400

On 04/14/2011 01:28 PM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> You kernel is built with CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS_WORK, which makes the whole workqueue system GPL-only. OpenAFS won't work with such a kernel. Typically Fedora build prerelease kernels with a lot of debugging enabled, which they then remove from release builds.

I believe the appropriate way to build a Fedora kernel without the
debugging flags is described in this wiki page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_non-debugging_kernel

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support