[OpenAFS] When to publish security advisories?

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 22:16:29 -0400 (EDT)

On 2011-04-15 at 16:46, Russ Allbery ( rra@stanford.edu ) said:
> Patricia O'Reilly <oreilly@qualcomm.com> writes:
>
>> Is there any problem connecting 1.6 clients with 1.4.14 servers?
>
> Nope.  Works fine.  Overall, 1.6 clients seem to be working as well or
> better than 1.4 clients, although someone has reported reproducible hangs
> and crashes to me with 1.6 (and I've been trying to get him to file a bug
> report).  But I don't know of anyone else having that trouble.

Any day now we'll be pushing 1.6.0pre4 out to all of our Linux clients.
Some of them have been running various versions of 1.5 for many many
months now (web servers and the like). My testing shows 1.6 is noticeably
faster than 1.4, disk cache and memcache. Most of our servers are still
1.4.x.

As far as my site is concerned, we're considering the 1.6.0pre4 client
stable on Linux.

--andy