[OpenAFS] Windows 7 x64: \\afs\cs.uwm.edu refers to a location that is unavailable

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:22:25 +0200

Am 28.04.2011 19:20, schrieb John Tang Boyland:

> Here is the problem I alluded to earlier:
>
> I have a student who bought a new laptop with Windows Version 6.1.7600 and
> installed NIM and OpenAFS 1.5.9904 and things ALMOST work.
>
> They can get tokens and can go to \\afs\openafs.org
> and \\afs\cs.wisc.edu but not \\afs\cs.uwm.edu
> When they try, they get the message:
> "\\afs\cs.uwm.edu refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be
>   on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.  Check..."

Just integrated my first Windows client into my otherwise Linux only
cell and have a similar problem here. System is WinXP SP3 (32bit) with
OpenAFS 1.5.99d/KfW 3.22. Everything works fine except UNC path access.
I get a message similar to the above (translated from german) when I
enter the UNC path into Windows Explorer's address bar:

The file "\\afs\altum.de" was not found. Please check spelling and
repeat the action or search for the file by clicking on "Start" and then
on "Search".

Bye...

	Dirk