[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.0pre7 and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) cannot aklog

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:37:19 -0400

The fix will be in 1.6.0 final.

In the meantime, you can have something for now from
/afs/your-file-system.com/user/shadow/OpenAFS-1.6.0pre7-31-g24471-Lion.dmg

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote=
:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Kristy Kallback-Rose
> <kallbac@indiana.edu> wrote:
>> Well, it appears I have one of the Macs which is blacklisted from bootin=
g into 64-bit mode --though I can run Lion. If you want to know more about =
what I'm referring to you can see the workaround that people did for Snow L=
eopard and the same issue here http://netkas.org/?p=3D189 Though I have not=
 seem similar fixes for Lion, nor do I want to support users doing that sor=
t of fix.

>> Regarding getting OpenAFS working on this type of system, do you have a =
recommendation for next steps? Should I build openafs from source on this m=
achine? We will no doubt have users running into this problem as the semest=
er begins.

> given that the existing build is a universal build, i suspect
> something more subtle is in play. you can try building for source but
> i suspect you will have the same error.
>

> --
> Derrick

--=20