[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.0pre7 and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) cannot aklog

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:31:13 -0400

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Kristy Kallback-Rose
<kallbac@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Well, it appears I have one of the Macs which is blacklisted from booting=
 into 64-bit mode --though I can run Lion. If you want to know more about w=
hat I'm referring to you can see the workaround that people did for Snow Le=
opard and the same issue here http://netkas.org/?p=3D189 Though I have not =
seem similar fixes for Lion, nor do I want to support users doing that sort=
 of fix.

> Regarding getting OpenAFS working on this type of system, do you have a r=
ecommendation for next steps? Should I build openafs from source on this ma=
chine? We will no doubt have users running into this problem as the semeste=
r begins.

given that the existing build is a universal build, i suspect
something more subtle is in play. you can try building for source but
i suspect you will have the same error.

--=20
Derrick