[OpenAFS] Deleted db servers still being queried

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:25:03 +0200

Hi folks,

My AFS network used to have six hosts: thee db servers and three fs
servers. Thinking that I might be able to end some unexplained
behavior, I decided to consolidate them and have three hosts.

I did this by creating a new db server on each fs server host and then
deleting the db server that was closest to it. I deleted the old db
servers by applying both the "bos removehost" command to each of the
existing servers,"vos changeaddr" to remove the old IP addresses from
the VLDB, as well as to restart each server after the entries had been
removed.

However, I must not have done this in the correct order or made a
mistake, because even though the system seems to behave properly, I
see evidence that the old db servers are still being queried. This
despite the fact that they do not exist in any of the CellServDB
files, or even the BosConfig files.

Can anyone suggest steps that I might take to get rid of these old entries?

Both "bos listhosts" on the different hosts and "vos listaddrs" do not
show the old addresses, plus I've also tried shutting down all of the
servers and then stating them up again. But, none of that makes any
difference. Where could these old IP addresses be hiding?

Thanks,

Jaap