[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 'preference panel' and 'menu' broken in OS X Lion ?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:07:53 +0100

On 22 Aug 2011, at 15:07, Rick Cochran <rcc2@cornell.edu> wrote:

> Although potentially disruptive, these seem logical to me.
>=20
> Do you know of any others?

The whole of MIT Kerberos has been ripped out and replaced with Heimdal. The=
 Heimdal API is private. Bits of the old MIT API are supported via a shim la=
yer, but many of the functions we require are implemented as stubs. Some of t=
hese stubs also have unhelpful return codes, making it difficult to tell the=
 difference between an unimplemented function and one returning an error.

All in all, Kerberos in Lion is a bit of a mess.

S.

> -Rick
>=20
> On 08/22/2011 09:00 AM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>> There are bugs in pre7's backgrounder due to the unfortunate Kerberos
>> changes in Lion. 1.6.0 final includes fixes.
>>=20
>> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:00 AM, C=EF=BF=BDdric Hernalsteens
>> <cedric.hernalsteens@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>=20
>>> I'm quite new to OpenAFS but I noticed that since I reinstalled
>>> completely OpenAFS 1.6.0pre7 for Lion I can't have the OpenAFS menu
>>> and any action in the preference panel seems to be without effect.
>>>=20
>>> Is that a real issue ?
>>>=20
>>> Thanks