[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 'preference panel' and 'menu' broken in OS X Lion ?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:41:51 -0400

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Rick Cochran <rcc2@cornell.edu> wrote:
> My understanding of the Kerberos changes is Lion is:
>
> =A0o Weak encryption types are now dis-allowed.
>
> =A0o TCP protocol is used when large TGTs (eg. from Active Directory KDCs=
) are
> involved.
>
> Although potentially disruptive, these seem logical to me.
>
> Do you know of any others?

oh, sadly, yes.

most of the API is missing, including the "yes, we know we have weak
crypto on" API calls, and the calls to translate error messages.
in some cases "missing" means not "no routine" but instead "routine
which returns something, possibly success, despite not being
implemented"

--=20
Derrick