[OpenAFS] Deleted db servers still being queried

Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:40:53 -0400

--------------enigECDEE9CFFD079D6C3D3D508E

On 8/22/2011 9:25 PM, Jaap Winius wrote:
> Hi folks,
>=20
> My AFS network used to have six hosts: thee db servers and three fs
> servers. Thinking that I might be able to end some unexplained behavior=
,
> I decided to consolidate them and have three hosts.
>=20
> I did this by creating a new db server on each fs server host and then
> deleting the db server that was closest to it. I deleted the old db
> servers by applying both the "bos removehost" command to each of the
> existing servers,"vos changeaddr" to remove the old IP addresses from
> the VLDB, as well as to restart each server after the entries had been
> removed.

Each client will continue to probe all file and volume location service
instances known to them until the client is restarted.  There is no
mechanism at the present time to make a client forget about a service
instance without a restart.

Jeffrey Altman