[OpenAFS] Deleted db servers still being queried

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:57:01 +0200

Quoting Chris Hoy Poy <chris@central-data.net>:

> if you still have the old IPs in your control, put an iptables (or
> some other firewall rule) up to log any traffic to/from the ports.

That's how I know where the packets are coming from and where they are
going. All of the queries are coming from the current ubik master db
server and being sent out to the IP addresses of two of the three
non-existent db servers.

> Most likely an old client hiding in a closet somewhere

But, then I'd see one of the client IP address in the syslog, wouldn't
I? Plus, all AFS clients are accounted for and none of them are up and
running anyway.

Cheers,

Jaap