[OpenAFS] OpenAFS inconsistent behavior - Windows 7 32 bit

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:55:13 -0400

On Aug 23, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> On 8/23/2011 3:20 PM, Dvorkin, Asya wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>=20
>> I've been working on getting OpenAFS to work on Windows 7 32 bit and hav=
ing some issues.  A little bit about the system:
>>=20
>> Virtual Machine running on Mac (tested on a desktop as well with similar=
 results)
>> Windows 7 32bit fully patched.
>> OpenAFS - 1.5.9906
>> MIT Kerberos - 1.3.1.0
>>=20
> Identity Manager is an application that runs within the user logon
> session.  OpenAFS will always have started prior to the logon session
> desktop appears.
>=20
> Kerberos authentication must always occur after OpenAFS starts.  If
> OpenAFS has not started, there is no service with which to register AFS
> tokens.
>=20
> I suggest you read the OpenAFS for Windows Release Notes that are
> installed on your Windows system along with OpenAFS.  In particular,
> read the Troubleshooting section.   It describes the various logs used
> by OpenAFS and the tools you can use to assist with debugging.
>=20
> Jeffrey Altman
>=20

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you.  I will look into Release Notes.

Has anyone gotten OpenAFS  working on Windows 7 32 bit?  If so, using which=
 versions of MIT Kerberos and OpenAFS?

Thank you!
Asya