[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6 clients: rx version pings

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:35:46 +0100

On Dec 2, 2011, at 19:14 , Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2011, at 18:01, Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de> =
wrote:
>=20
>=20
>> Thanks a lot. I'll try to find them in the source and get rid of =
them. Still hoping for a hint making this search more efficient, though.
>=20
> Look in src/rx/rx.c =46rom memory, I think you are looking for the =
natKeepAliveEvent. Just stop that from being scheduled.

Thanks a lot Simon, this should get me on track. Let's see what happens =
when rxi_ScheduleNatKeepAliveEvent() is turned into a noop...

> Of course, the correct fix is to schedule these per peer, and make =
sure they go away when the peer has no more connections.

I do see why this feature is useful. But in its current state, it's a =
showstopper for 1.6 client deployment here.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-
Platanenenallee 6