[OpenAFS] Re: false fileserver in vldb, howto remove? - Fixed

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 09:58:15 -0600

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:46:08 +0100 (CET)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> > all right, that was the issue. Kinda dumb error.
>
> Ah, that was the issue. Still I think that it would be OK to remove an
> IP from the VLDB without restarting an active fileserver with volumes
> on it unless it is the last IP of the server in question.

Doing this is likely to be confusing, since it will appear to "work"
until the fileserver is restarted, and it will re-register the same
addresses again, so the 'bad' address will come back later.

And you can remove an IP from a fileserver without restarting it; the
'vos setaddrs' you wrote can do it. I would really recommend letting the
fileserver register its addresses itself, but if you can't restart...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net