[OpenAFS] Re: false fileserver in vldb, howto remove? - Fixed

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 08 Dec 2011 17:14:35 +0100 (CET)

> Doing this is likely to be confusing, since it will appear to "work"
> until the fileserver is restarted, and it will re-register the same
> addresses again, so the 'bad' address will come back later.

Yes.

> And you can remove an IP from a fileserver without restarting it; the
> 'vos setaddrs' you wrote can do it. I would really recommend letting the
> fileserver register its addresses itself, but if you can't restart...

Yes, if you have a 1.6 vos the setaddrs I wrote will let you do this
as well, but that is yet a little more dangerous as that has no safety
net at all, even to my proposed change to vos chageaddr -remove. Btw,
should I sometime write a small patch to make a vos removeaddr? I
think that is what people are looking for and not vos changeaddr
-remove which is just a really stupid sequece of words to write.

Harald.