[OpenAFS] Help with Windows, OpenAFS 1.7 and Heimdal

Billy Beaudoin wrbeaudo@ncsu.edu
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:48:12 -0500

You need to put a copy of krb524.dll, krb4w32.dll, and msvcr71.dll (if
you don't have a copy in the path elsewhere) from KfW in the
Heimdal\bin directory.  NIM and the OpenAFS autologon need them on
32-bit.

Billy Beaudoin
ITECS Systems
NC State University

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Steven H. Tender <tender@umd.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I =A0have been using OpenAFS for years on Windows.=A0 I am currently work=
ing to
> upgrade to the latest 1.7 version of OpenAFS for Windows 7.=A0 I saw this=
 news
> bulletin on the Secure Endpoints site, =93Heimdal 1.5.1 replaces MIT Kerb=
eros
> 3.2.2 for Microsoft Windows.=94=A0 I have installed:
>
> Windows 7 32 bit
>
> OpenAFS 1.7.3
>
> Heimdal 1.5.1
>
> Network Identity Manager Version 2.0.102.907
>

> After installing all the components listed above, NIM produces errors abo=
ut
> missing plugins.=A0 The Windows 7 machines are in an Active Directory.=A0=
 The AD