[OpenAFS] OpenAFS guide

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 17 Dec 2011 11:36:44 -0500

It may help to give a better example. I work at a university, and each
of the students in our college (a sub-unit of the university) has a home
directory in AFS. All user files are stored there, and we do not sync.
All backups are handled using the AFS backup software, to back up to
tape. Most files are stored in the home directly and are accessed
directly out of AFS.The AFS cache makes accessing the files very quick.

Our users access their files from Windows and Linux using native OpenAFS
clients. This allows our users to sit down at any of our 1000+
workstations and access their files.