[OpenAFS] OpenAFS guide - usecase in wiki?

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:59:31 +0100

On 17.12.2011 17:36, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> It may help to give a better example. I work at a university, and each
> of the students in our college (a sub-unit of the university) has a hom=
> directory in AFS. All user files are stored there, and we do not sync.
> All backups are handled using the AFS backup software, to back up to
> tape. Most files are stored in the home directly and are accessed
> directly out of AFS.The AFS cache makes accessing the files very quick.
>=20
> Our users access their files from Windows and Linux using native OpenAF=
> clients. This allows our users to sit down at any of our 1000+
> workstations and access their files.

Hi

sorry to interrupt, but this gave me the idea of writing up OUR usecase
over her into the OpenAFS wiki.
Hope thats fine for the community, maybe other will follow.
(at the OpenAFS meetings in germany/europe it was always very nice to
know how others did setup OpenAFS and use it).

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=C3=BCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723