[OpenAFS] OS X Lion OpenAFS Client not acquiring ticket through "AFS Menu"

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:48:37 -0500

--Apple-Mail-5-621252849

Try 1.6.1pre1 on Lion and let me know what you find

Derrick

On Dec 23, 2011, at 15:37, Thomas Smith <theitsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not a problem destroying the tickets, I never do that anyway--I was j=
ust testing functionality and thought that information may be relevant (that=
 the Client is able to delete the token and ticket but not create either of t=
hem). :-)
>=20
> I didn't include this in my original email but I'm running version 1.6.0 o=
f the Client.
>=20
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM, David Botsch <botsch@cnf.cornell.edu> wro=
te:
> The snow leopard of the gui Afs Tokens app works to get tokens on lion. It=
 crashes on destroying tokens, but may actually do it. You can choose in the=
 preferences whether or not to also destroy tickets.
>=20
> On Dec 23, 2011 3:21 PM, "Thomas Smith" <theitsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Snow Leopard, I was able to go to the menu and select "Get New Token" a=
nd I would be prompted with a Kerberos login prompt--once authenticated, the=
 Client would acquire a token. This functionality isn't working in Lion. I h=
ave to manually use Ticket Viewer or kinit to secure a ticket and then run a=
klog to get a token. (I've also tried getting a ticket first and then select=
ing "Get New Token" and had the same result.)
>=20
> Once I have a token, however, I am able to release it through the "AFS Men=
u" (this also destroys my kerberos ticket).
>=20
> Any suggestions on what might be causing this problem? The only thing I fo=
und that was preventing things from working initially was a kerberos setting=
 that I didn't utilize in Snow Leopard, "allow_weak_crypto =3D true"--once I=
 added this, things began working from the CLI just not through the GUI (whi=
ch includes the OpenAFS preferences pane.
>=20
> ~ Tom
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Thomas Smith
> Cell: 602-882-2917
>=20

--Apple-Mail-5-621252849

On Snow Leopard, I was able to go to the menu and select "Get New Token" and I would be prompted with a Kerberos login prompt--once authenticated, the Client would acquire a token. This functionality isn't working in Lion. I have to manually use Ticket Viewer or kinit to secure a ticket and then run aklog to get a token. (I've also tried getting a ticket first and then selecting "Get New Token" and had the same result.)<div>

 602-882-2917</div><br>
--Apple-Mail-5-621252849--