[OpenAFS] KfW on Windows 7 / 64 bit

John Tang Boyland boyland@cs.uwm.edu
Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:39:57 -0600

I have a student who is trying to get Kerberos/OpenAFS working on
Windows 7 (64 bit).  But not even NIM works, it says that
	validity of identity couldn't be determined
When they run kinit in a command.com window they get the same error
with one (I am typing this from memory) about not being able to
contact a KDC for the desired realm.

And yet,
	ping kerberos.cs.uwm.edu
works just fine.
They are not aware of any firewall issues that would be
preventing kerberos from getting through.
But that's the only thing I could think of,
since the server is accessible to everyone else,
and is accessible from their computer using ping.

We still haven't solved earlier problems either.
I find it bizarre how four people running the latest
OpenAFS on Windows 7 on 64 bit machines can get four
completely different results.

John Boyland