[OpenAFS] OpenAFS hiccups for multiple users on Win 7 Enterprise

Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:03:29 -0500

> bug in 1.4.something. Could you have a look at the log?
>=20
> Many thanks for advice,
> Tobias Vockerodt

The error indicates that none of the Volume Location DB servers for your
cell are accessible.  According to DNS AFSDB records there is only one
AFSDB server.  If communication between the client and the VLDB server
is not possible at the time the location of a volume needs to be
determined, all access to that volume will fail.  The volume for which
location information is required is root.cell.  Therefore, no path in
the iqo.uni-hannover.de cell will successfully be evaluated.

The next question is afs1.iqo.uni-hannover.de either not reachable or
not responding to queries from this machine.  The wireshark capture will
help you with that.

Jeffrey Altman

--------------enigE5BFDF2263B205F74DFA53DB

--------------enigE5BFDF2263B205F74DFA53DB--