[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS hiccups for multiple users on Win 7 Enterprise

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:08:46 -0500

On Feb 11, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> Yes. Since we're trying to send data over the network through that
> router, if the router drops all of our traffic on the floor, there's
> obviously going to be problems :) IME, those kind of instances tend to
> be problems with the buggy router itself, rather than a faulty config.
> Maybe check if there's a firmware update or something?

For consumer routers, If your hardware supports it, I highly recommend
dd-wrt.

http://dd-wrt.com/site/index
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

It's much more stable (and featureful) than most of the firmware out there.

danno
--
Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer
Internet2