[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS hiccups for multiple users on Win 7 Enterprise

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:55:18 -0600

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:58:35 +0100
Tobias Vockerodt <vockerodt@iqo.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

> Have there been router specific problems in the past? I will have a
> detailed look at the router config, hopefully today.

Yes. Since we're trying to send data over the network through that
router, if the router drops all of our traffic on the floor, there's
obviously going to be problems :) IME, those kind of instances tend to
be problems with the buggy router itself, rather than a faulty config.
Maybe check if there's a firmware update or something?

It's kind of hard to see if that's happening, though, unless you get
traffic captures from both sides of the router (e.g. get a capture from
the client, and another one from the server). Then you can see if stuff
is getting dropped.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net