[OpenAFS] Re: Listing all volume mount points

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:24:11 -0600

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:09:33 -0700
Thomas Smith <theitsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

> fs listq <dir> provides the information that I need, but I have been
> unable to determine a way to script this without knowing every mount
> point beforehand.

If you just want to see the usage vs quota, 'vos examine' can tell you
that. You need to run that on every volume in the cell, but you can get
a list of all volumes that clients know about by running 'vos listvldb'.
By gluing them together with a bit of scripting, you can know the usage
vs quota of all volumes.

> Is this possible (to determine mount points without knowing the mount
> points beforehand)?

However, it is easier to use 'fs lq' if you have mountpoints for all
volumes. Some organizations find things easier if they have a
"canonical" mountpoint for each volume (just make some dir
/afs/cell/common/vols and always put a mountpoint in there when you make
a volume). You can also get a mountpoint for any volume by accessing the
path /afs/.:mount/cell:volume (or something like that), but IIRC it's
only if you have dynroot enabled, and only when you have a 1.5/1.6
client.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net