[OpenAFS] failover 1.6.0pre2 dafs

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:57:46 +0100

--------------060609070804040904080603

Hi,

I plan to run my two (1.6.0) openafs servers (both are vl pt vol and
dafs servers) in a failover configuration (the failover supervised by a
redhat-cluster installation). The data is on a SAN which is attached to
both servers.
I plan to define a service for both nodes with its own ip address and
partitions. On normal operation node1 is going to have ip address
192.168.0.1 and all the partitions from vicepa to vicep... and node2 is
going to have ip address 192.168.0.2. If any of the nodes would fail the
service would get transfered to the other node, thus receiving its
partitions and ip address. With Netrestrict files will restrict the ip
addresses the pt vl and fileserver components can bind to those defined
at the clustering (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2). The startup of any of
the services (on any of the nodes) would mean a complete restart of all
of the services controlled by bos. I also plan to put |fsstate.dat of
the service running normally on node1 on shared storage.

Please tell me if I've overlooked anything. Won't get the the vl and pt
server confused from running on both addresses declared in CellServDB in
case of failover?

Thank you in advance!

Geza

--------------060609070804040904080603

  <head>

  </head>
    Hi,<br>
    I plan to run my two (1.6.0) openafs servers (both are vl pt vol and
    dafs servers) in a failover configuration (the failover supervised
    by a redhat-cluster installation). The data is on a SAN which is
    attached to both servers.<br>
    I plan to define a service for both nodes with its own ip address
    and partitions. On normal operation node1 is going to have ip
    address 192.168.0.1 and all the partitions from vicepa to vicep...
    and node2 is going to have ip address 192.168.0.2. If any of the
    nodes would fail the service would get transfered to the other node,
    thus receiving its partitions and ip address. With Netrestrict files
    will restrict the ip addresses the pt vl and fileserver components
    can bind to those defined at the clustering (192.168.0.1 and
    192.168.0.2). The startup of any of the services (on any of the
    nodes) would mean a complete restart of all of the services
    controlled by bos. I also plan to put <code>fsstate.dat of the
      service running normally on node1 on shared storage.<br>
      Please tell me if I've overlooked anything. Won't get the the vl
      and pt server confused from running on both addresses declared in
      CellServDB in case of failover?<br>
      Thank you in advance!<br>
      Geza<br>
    </code>