[OpenAFS] sysid

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:05:05 -0500

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After experimenting with /var/lib/openafs/local/NetInfo on my Debian squeeze
> servers (OpenAFS v1.4.12.1+dfsg-3), I've noticed that if I rename the sysid
> file and restart the file server process, the sysid is not automatically
> recreated. Running "/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver restart" doesn't recreate
> it either.
>
> My question is, when does the system automatically recreate the sysid file,
> and when does it not do this? What are the requirements and can they be
> checked?

if it's missing it should be recreated when the server registers with
the VLserver.

what does the FileLog tell you?

f912d849d3201b004ae7dbacf2d4848836fa986f was needed such that an
immediate failure would be retried, but
1) you should have it
and
2) that only applied if you restarted everything (including vlserver)
in a single server configuration, not just the fileserver.

--
Derrick