[OpenAFS] Debugging a network performance problem that affects AFS

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:24:00 -0500

We're having intermittent network performance problems, and the primary
manifestation to us as users looks like "an OpenAFS slowdown."  I'm
wondering if it's possible to collect access time statistics out of an
OpenAFS Linux client.  A little time with google and I see the
"-enable_peer_stats" and "-enable_process_stats" options when starting
the client daemon, and this very well may furnish the information that I
need.  A subsequent search gets me to the "rxdebug" document, though
that document appears to be server-centric as opposed to querying the
client.  Nor does it tell me what information I can collect or if access
time is part of that information - only mentioning serveral parameters
that it does collect.

Can someone toss me a bone here - or a link?

Thanks
Dale Pontius

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.