[OpenAFS] Debugging a network performance problem that affects AFS

Neil Davies semanticphilosopher@gmail.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:51:36 +0000

A bone

rxdebug can be used to see either end of the connection (try it with
the host/client addresses and ports reversed).

are there any VPNs involved? that makes fragmentation issues
(especially if links are loaded) and their interaction with "full"
buffers worth looking.

there are plenty of other steps possible after this - timed trace
based analysis for example - but i doubt if those are of particular
interest to the list and they would be more involved.

rx likes predictable round trip times (low variance in delay, low loss
rates) - it is the lack of that I guess you are suffering from.

Neil