[OpenAFS] Debugging a network performance problem that affects AFS

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:27:23 -0500

No VPNs involved here.  I do run AFS over vpn occasionally, but on those
times my response is sufficiently swamped by WAN considerations that I
don't even think about performance.  For now I'm talking purely local
response.

Your comment about "predictable round trip times" rings a bell.  We're
seeing occasional spikes in ping response time, and feel that that would
be indicative of AFS and general network problems.  But I was hoping to
nail something down to, "Here, I found the problem showing up in a
measurable way in AFS!"

Dale