[OpenAFS] Re: PAG lost after switching users on Slackware 13.1 box

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:30:57 -0600

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:42:26 -0800 (PST)
Tom Mukunnemkeril <torrent_tech@yahoo.com> wrote:

> id shows a value, but /proc/keys does not.  In the Slackware 13.0
> installation, /proc/keys does show a value after I execute pagsh.

Hm, so I wonder if either keyrings are not working, or we think you
don't have them. If you have the 'configure' output or the config.log
from when you compiled the kernel module, what does it say about linux
kernel keyring support, and the surrounding messages?

And if you have or can get libkeyutils or the keyctl program, it would
be helpful to know if 'keyctl session' works, and makes PAGs work as you
would expect (or the equivalent keyctl_join_session_keyring(NULL)).

> bash-4.1# pagsh
> sh-4.1# id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel),1094319331

And as a sanity check, the large-numbered group does go away when you su
to another user, yes?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net