[OpenAFS] Re: PAG lost after switching users on Slackware 13.1 box

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:35:47 -0600

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:30:57 -0600
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:42:26 -0800 (PST)
> Tom Mukunnemkeril <torrent_tech@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > id shows a value, but /proc/keys does not.  In the Slackware 13.0
> > installation, /proc/keys does show a value after I execute pagsh.
>
> Hm, so I wonder if either keyrings are not working, or we think you
> don't have them. If you have the 'configure' output or the config.log
> from when you compiled the kernel module, what does it say about linux
> kernel keyring support, and the surrounding messages?

For posterity, this issue apparently went away when the OpenAFS client
was recompiled. My guess is that it was something with the configure
tests, but who knows.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net