[OpenAFS] Need volume state / fileserver / salvage knowledge

Patricia O'Reilly oreilly@qualcomm.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:04:44 -0800

Was there any type of maintenance being done on the system? ZFS takes a snapshot of the filesystem prior to maintenance, then reverts back to that snapshot after the maintenance is complete. That means if your server was running when the initial snapshot was taken, the SALVAGE.fs file was in your /usr/afs/local directory. Regardless of how clean you shut it down, that salvage file will be there after the maintenance when ZFS reverts to the original filesystem snapshot.