[OpenAFS] Re: AFS/NFS translator clients cause translator server to inaccessible

Karen Eldredge karen.eldredge@infoprint.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:02:46 -0700

Andrew and Derrick thank you for replying so quick.  I've been fighting with my
AFS/NFS translator to get you some messages when the server is inaccessible,
but so far everything I tried it isn't logging anything besides the reboots and
other various messages that don't seem to apply.  In the messages file when I
feel there should be some useful messages there is nothing in the file for that
time.  Unfortunately I don't have the necessary packages installed, because
when I use the crash command it tells me I don't have debugging data &
debugging symbols.  I have several vmcore files ranging from 60MB to 315MB.
All of the clients use NFSv3.

If you have any ideas on how to get you some useful information please let me
know.

Thanks,
Karen

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." _____________________________________________________________________________