[OpenAFS] AFS Cache on Parallel File system

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 13:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

If you're primarily interested in direct access, you might want to look at =
rxosd's vicep-access, which makes AFS volumes directly available to the cli=
ent over a cluster file system--Lustre or GPFS, but perhaps you could make =
glusterfs go easily, I'm not sure.  This actually has demonstrated good per=
formance properties in some scenarios (don't know about wide area).  Object=
ions have been raised about security and potential consistency problems for=
 vicep-access, too--but it works for some definition of works that includes=
 serious load testing, and it has a user community.  There have been presen=
tations on vicep-access at OpenAFS conferences, over the last few years.

Matt

--=20

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box