[OpenAFS] Replication problem

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:27:47 +0200

Hi folks,

Two of my volumes are refusing to replicate. "vos examine" shows that
some replicas are flagged as "Old release", but when I try a "vos
release", even with the "-force" option they won't replicate. A lot of
bandwidth was used in my attempts, but I'm not sure for what. Applying
"bos salvage" to the various replicas in advance made no difference. I
did see this in the VolserLog:

    trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 300 seconds
    trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 330 seconds
    trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 360 seconds
    trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 390 seconds

That's a RO replica. These errors would start after five minutes.
There are firewalls between my AFS servers, but I see no evidence that
any packets were dropped during my replication attempts.

Beyond simply deleting the specific RO replicas and creating new ones,
any suggestions as to how to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaap