[OpenAFS] Re: Replication problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:33:37 -0500

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:27:47 +0200
Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Two of my volumes are refusing to replicate. "vos examine" shows that
> some replicas are flagged as "Old release", but when I try a "vos
> release", even with the "-force" option they won't replicate.

Explain "won't replicate"; what does "vos release" say when you try?

> I did see this in the VolserLog:
>
>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 300 seconds
>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 330 seconds
>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 360 seconds
>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 390 seconds
>
> That's a RO replica. These errors would start after five minutes.
> There are firewalls between my AFS servers, but I see no evidence that
> any packets were dropped during my replication attempts.

Those aren't errors; it's just telling you that a transaction is taking
a while. If you run "vos status <server>", it will show you what
transactions are active, and it will tell you the number of packets
sent/received for the transaction, so you can see if progress is being
made.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net