[OpenAFS] Re: Replication problem

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Fri, 08 Jul 2011 04:48:25 +0200

Quoting Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>:

> Explain "won't replicate";

Um, that it was taking longer than expected?  :-)

> ... what does "vos release" say when you try?

Nothing. It just wasn't giving me my prompt back.

>>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 360 seconds
>>     trans 3 on volume 536870967 is older than 390 seconds

> Those aren't errors; it's just telling you that a transaction is taking
> a while. If you run "vos status <server>", it will show you what
> transactions are active, and it will tell you the number of packets
> sent/received for the transaction, so you can see if progress is being
> made.

That was it. I was worried about nothing. I had already done my job in
repairing a partition (which started it all, I guess) and salvaging
the volumes that were on it, and then all I had to do was wait for the
cron jobs to release the volumes on schedule. It took a while, and
there were lots more of those "errors", but it eventually finished and
now everything is fine.

Thanks, Andrew!

Cheers,

Jaap