[OpenAFS] PAG creation failed: No such file or directory

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:16:27 -0700

Youssef Eldakar <youssef.eldakar@bibalex.org> writes:
> On 07/15/2011 10:09 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> That's a very strange error message to receive.  The only way that I
>> can see that failing with that error message if you're using the
>> built-in kafs library is if ioctl returned ENOENT or if it failed
>> without setting errno at all.

>> How is pam_afs_session built for this system?  Is it using libkopenafs
>> or libkafs, or is it using its built-in kafs implementation?

> Those are the libraries /lib/security/libpam_afs_session.so links to:

[...]

> I see no libkopenafs and no libkafs, which I suppose means it's using its
> built-in kafs implementation. This pam_afs_session is just the one shipped
> with Ubuntu 10.10: libpam-afs-session 1.7-2.

Yeah, it is.

Oh, okay, you're using an old enough version that the error handling is
different.  You'll get that error if /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl doesn't
exist or if opening it fails.

Maybe something is causing the ioctl interface to occasionally not work?
Or you're running out of file descriptors?