[OpenAFS] Re: PAG creation failed: No such file or directory

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:01:45 -0500

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:16:27 -0700
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Oh, okay, you're using an old enough version that the error handling
> is different.  You'll get that error if /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl
> doesn't exist or if opening it fails.
>
> Maybe something is causing the ioctl interface to occasionally not
> work?  Or you're running out of file descriptors?

An strace seeing which syscall is actually failing would help, but I
don't know how easy that would be, if this is coming from inside pam
from an ssh login. That log message would come up if the actual setpag
call failed with ENOENT, right? Maybe there's some code path that
returns ENOENT, though I can't think what it would be...

Maybe we could just get you a modified libpam_afs_session.so that would
log somewhere more information about the failure. Would that sound
useful?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net