[OpenAFS] Re: PAG creation failed: No such file or directory

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:29:15 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> An strace seeing which syscall is actually failing would help, but I
> don't know how easy that would be, if this is coming from inside pam
> from an ssh login. That log message would come up if the actual setpag
> call failed with ENOENT, right? Maybe there's some code path that
> returns ENOENT, though I can't think what it would be...

That log message indicates that one of:

    fd = open("/proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl", O_RDWR);
    ioctl(fd, _IOW('C', 1, void *), &syscall_data);

returned ENOENT.  I don't think there's any other way to generate that
message.  The latter seems unlikely.

> Maybe we could just get you a modified libpam_afs_session.so that would
> log somewhere more information about the failure. Would that sound
> useful?

I don't think there's anything more that you could modify pam_afs_session
to log.