[OpenAFS] Re: Memory of a long-gone file server

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:44:43 -0400

On 7/29/11 1:25 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 Garance A Drosihn<drosih@rpi.edu>  wrote:
> >
> > The minor issue is that we shut down afsfs11 a long time ago
> > (probably summer of 2008).  It doesn't seem to be causing any
> > trouble to have the entry there, but I was wondering what
> > would be needed to get rid of it?
>
> vos changeaddr afsfs11 -remove
>
> If there are any volumes in the VLDB that claim they are still on that
> server, it will yell at you and won't do anything. Otherwise, it should
> be deleted from the VLDB.

I tried this and it worked fine.  Thanks to Andrew and Jeff for the
quick replies!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org