[OpenAFS] Access AFS through web (Apache?)

Stephen Joyce stephen@email.unc.edu
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:05:59 -0400 (EDT)

Stan,

On recent Ubuntu (probably Debian too), try installing all 3 of:
  mysql-client
  mysql-server
  libmysqlclient-dev

I also recently updated my personal docs for installing filedrawers when I
upgraded 2 servers from Debian 4 to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. Contact me off-list if
you'd like a sanitized copy of my instructions. They assume you're
comfortable with basic Linux admin tasks.

Fair warning: I include a fair number of patches to the base code and my
docs assume this. Some of them are necessary for Ubuntu to do things like
display multimedia files correctly. Some are cosmetic (theming the CSS).
Others are functional (displaying quotas, adding recursive ACL functions to
the permission manager, correct handling of Office 2007 filetypes, etc).
Those patches are available too.

Cheers, Stephen
--
  Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts -- for
  support rather than illumination.