[OpenAFS] Kindle Editions of OpenAFS documentation

Lee Damon nomad@ee.washington.edu
Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:22:00 -0700

>>> Would the community find it useful if I were to create Amazon Kindle
>>> Editions of the OpenAFS Documentation?
>
>> Adobe ePub versions would be helpful. That way all the common electronic
>> readers can use them, rather than use a restricted format.
>
> Except for the Kindle, which I don't think can read ePub (IIRC, it needs
> MOBI).  MOBI is also not a restricted format; it has hooks for DRM, but
> you don't have to use them.

Recent kindles can read PDF and ePub.  MOBI is restricted in that the
only commonly-available reader that can handle it is kindle.  Why limit
your audience like that?  ePub is common, un-restricted, and open. PDF
is even more so (though less flexible in re-flow and other formatting -
if that matters to you).

nomad